The world's supplier to the semiconductor industry
De Run 6501 Veldhoven
Every day, more than 39.000 ASML employees around the globe come to work or sign on remotely with the reassuring knowledge that their jobs have real positive impact on the world. Though we’re diverse, we’re connected by our purpose and values. Together, we challenge, collaborate and care, pushing technology to new limits to unlock the potential of people and society.
Small chips, big impact
It’s amazing to think that just about everyone has benefitted from the technology we enable here at ASML. From internet connectivity to advances in medical imaging devices, modern society relies on semiconductors to drive progress and solve some of its toughest challenges, now and in the future.
Software plays an important role at ASML and can be found throughout our product portfolio. Without our software solutions, it would be impossible for chipmakers to manufacture increasingly advanced and energy-efficient chips.
Working in software at ASML
More than 3,000 software engineers create solutions that allow us to run, measure and optimize our lithography machines and to streamline chipmakers’ manufacturing processes. Collaboration is key – at ASML, we encourage each other to speak up and contribute, relying on our diverse backgrounds and perspectives to arrive at the best solutions.
- Java | At ASML, we use Java to develop tools that give chipmakers insight into their manufacturing process. Java is also used in diagnostic tools that help our customer support engineers keep our machines running in fabs around the world.
- C++ |Our C++ code base is a highly portable and multi-layered system that keeps pace with the chip-making industry and enables us to deep-dive into novel problems.
- Python | We use Python for calibration and performance monitoring of every machine in our product portfolio, allowing our customers to create state-of-the-art computer chips using a range of diagnostic tools and an intuitive user interface.
- C# | You probably haven’t used C# the way we use it at ASML. As one of our software developers, you’ll get the opportunity to develop machine control software and implement complex algorithms.
- Other Languages | Join our large software departments where people work with C languages, Java, .NET, MATLAB, big data, algorithms and UX design.